2). 2 months without having done anything to solve the problem, it's a long time. I think that is it time to tell us a possible date for resolving the problem.
This is excusable because you just don't know what has indeed been done. To be clear, I have worked my tail off to try to figure out what the cause of this is - funneled prime candidates to the developers, set up remote connections, poured over countless support tool logs, tried every setting change under the sun, no doubt with many of you on this thread.
Yes, there is a 'lag' issue for some using 3.05 (started with 3.04 actually) - clicking an icon is delayed, dragging is sluggish, and overall desktop performance seems to suffer. However, the cases are very very few. With this post, and our internal tickets, I may have 100 people (examples). When compared to how many copies of Fences 3.05 are in circulation and working (millions), it's not even a contest - the cases with the issue are statistically insignificant.
That said, no one with it is being ignored - while the afflicted numbers are low, they are consistent in their account of the issue and enough in numbers to warrant attention.
The problems we have faced with solving this:
- Very few have reported the issue (somewhere around 100).
- Anyone with any troubleshooting experience knows, the first step to fixing any issues is being able to see it - to be able to reproduce it reliably. We have no one here that can.
- For the people that can reproduce it - we need their full attention. Many of the candidates I have worked with failed to actively participate to the degree we needed (time and effort).
- Corporate clients with the issue generally don't allow remote connections - further limiting the pool of candidates.
- They need to be in the Western Hemisphere (preferably North America) - working with overseas clients has both time and language barriers.
That said I am open to working with anyone on resolving this. What would be wonderful is if someone had a solution - not on a code level of course - but a 'if I don't have this installed', 'if I don't have this setting on', etc, 'It works'. Something is unique to you all - I need to know what that something is. I'll toss out free OD subscriptions like frisbees to any that can bring me such examples.
A Fences 'Clean boot' is where most would want to start:
Again, I want to make clear that any with the issue are not being ignored - this issue is just one of the tougher ones we have had to deal with for the aforementioned reasons.